An AU Kingdom Heart/Final Fantasy world in the midst of a war ravaged world, where keyblade wielders find themselves as tools of war or fugitives of the state

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Wanderers' Way

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mistress Lani

PostSubject: The Wanderers' Way   Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Time became almost a figment of the mind, lost behind the hymns of fear and remorse. Black painted lashes blinked at sand that threatened to blind the figure, fighting back the wastelands desperate attempts at claiming her. Hair whipped back, caked in the the dust that painted her, the young maiden rode forth, pushing the horse she had retrieved to both its limits and her own. Dehydration was ever-consuming, drowning them both in the misery brought by through the loss of water. She had long sense lost any notion of where she was, what the hour or day was, losing so much of her mind that she was unsure of even who she was, herself; the ghosts had reaffirmed this questioning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaldalneir
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Indeed, the wastes seemed desperate for her life, even her blood. Sandstorms whipped up out of nowhere, billowing towards her like avalanches. On the days when the wind was still, the sun tried to bake her in her clothing. Despite this, after days of travel, in the distance there seemed salvation. The arid desert seemed to give way to solider ground, sloping down towards a vast, horizon spanning ocean. Backed along an out of place mountain of rock and stone, there seemed to be a town, though the desert haze made it all look like nothing but a mirage.

Xaldalneir: Zal-Dal-Nair
---
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://keysofchange.forumotion.com
Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Silverite met the sight from her iris' depths, hazed and feeling hallucinogenic in their efforts to decipher fiction from reality. Deciding that, amidst all that had occurred, a solitary, final push forward would spell the end of the journey, for better or else for worse, the woman forced the stallion onward. Kicking up their speed to the full pace they could manage in their weakened states, she brought them forth to the gates, be they mirage or real.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaldalneir
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:11 pm

Grey climbed the parapet of Port Nowhere's hodgepodge eastern wall, already halfway through a bottle of rum. He let out a soft groan as he saw the billowing plume of dust that followed after the approaching figure, taking another deep swig of rum and then tossing the bottle down to break. "It's too early for this shit..." He murmured, before whistling loudly and waving his finger in a circle in the air. On either side of the gate, a pair of men manned large rotary cannons, and they slowly spun their weapons to focus on the incoming figure, waiting for Grey's order to fire.

---
Back to top Go down
Mistress Lani

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Pink wisps flew wildly from her head as she approached, hair caught in the uproar of her travels. Seeing the closed gate, she slowed the horse, steadily, pulling back the reins until he came to a stop just far enough back for anyone on the wall to see her, far enough away to show that she clearly meant no way to storm. Of course, storming a gate with a single, clearly dying woman on a dying horse was a more than illogical concept, and it was clear just how true the statement was. Already, she was showing signs of falling from the horse, swaying from side to side, eyes beginning to sink in, adrenaline wearing off even faster than it came. Her eyes had lost the vivid hue they'd previously held, dimming into a lifeless, almost concrete grey as she fought to focus on the area before her. Expressions crossed her face in flashes, surprise, confusion, curiosity, dread, fear... The woman knew not what to feel or think, still unsure of whether or not she was imagining the town now before her.

Suddenly, she collapsed, falling off the side of the worn-out stallion. Rising up on its hind legs, the horse made a stunned sound, using its remaining energy to gallop away, running off along the wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xaldalneir
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Grey watched the horse gallop away until it too collapsed somewhere along the wall, before he turned his attention to the figure prone in front of the gate. He sighed, calling out. "Open the gate!" Before jumping down and falling for a good 20 feet before landing in front of her. He ignored protests about security and duty and whatnot, kneeling down and scooping her into his arms. "Open the gate, or I will." He finally said, walking slowly towards the metal contraption.
---
Some hours later
---
When she woke, she would be in a bed. Or more accurately, she would be on a pile of mattresses, with no frame to speak of. A small table beside her had a large pitcher of ice water, the top cracked slightly, and a glass next to it.

---
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wanderers' Way   

Back to top Go down

The Wanderers' Way
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1