Keys of Change
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Kingdom Heart/Final Fantasy world in the midst of a war ravaged world, where keyblade wielders find themselves as tools of war or fugitives of the state

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

And a Bottle of Rum

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Linxwire

And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:09 pm

That was a little bit of overkill, as everyone fell deathly silent. The captain took a swig from her mug, set it down, and turned to Kent standing up to him. "Well, what is it?"

"I'm looking to band together an army of people who want to torch Euno. Are you and your men up to the task?"

"Hah, what makes you think that anyone will follow you? You look like a freak, just look at those ears!" She pointed at Kent's ears with must have been 5 inches long at the least. "You hold no weight here, and from the look of it, the children of Euno can kick your ass."

"And what makes you so special? Captain isn't a fitting title for you, a woman of your stature doesn't belong on the front lines. Your place is in a kitchen."

"Is that all you've got? Your not the first to utter those words and you won't be the last."

During this argument the crowd began to chant, "drink, drink, drink." A hefty musclebound man dropped a table and a keg of beer between the two, everyone else in the place seemed to know where this was going except Kent.

"If you really think your hot shit, lets see if you can hold your own against me." Captain Blake picked up a mug, and looked at him ready for the uptaking. "Unless you aren't man enough."
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Grey patted Kent on the back, grinning. "Don't worry. I'll be sure to make sure no one steals from you while you're unconscious. Happened to me once."
Back to top Go down
https://keysofchange.rpg-board.net
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Kent picked up his mug without much of a word edgewise. "You're on, lady."
The big guy picked up the beer keg again, and using a spout on the bottom poured beer until both of their mugs were full. Blake wasted no time downing hers, but Kent choked on the first, seeing as he had never drank alcohol before. "Agh, damn it burns!"

"Come on! At this rate I'll do you in by the next round." She smiled, and some how she seemed to be getting more sober the more she drank. "Poe, next round!" The big guy refilled their mugs.

A man shuffled up to Grey and nudged him. "Hey, you wanna place a bet man? Who'd you think'll win?"
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Grey shrugged, studying the two. "I ain't betting, but the Cap'n got this, hands down. Poor boy's gonna drop dead from alcohol poisoning before he beats her in a drinking contest. You remember my first try? Woke up with the worst headache of my life and with only the clothes around my waist."
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Kent was befuddled, but he couldn't give up yet, he had to try at the least. When the head of his drink flowed over the edge, he grabbed the mug without hesitation, and chugged the whole thing, doing the best he can to ignore the burning sensation, and wiped his mouth of afterwards. He coughed in a fit from swallowing the bubbly substance, but he was still in the game. The captain of course was still having no trouble. Poe poured out another round, and the best Kent could do was continue to take his poison, and hope that somehow his willpower would keep him going. The captain once again finished long before him, had a crude smile on her face. "You know it's obvious that before tonight, you've never had a drop, but for a first-timer you aren't bad. But one thing is certain, your luck is running out."

The man kept talking about how he was determining the victor to Grey, but it was clear that wasn't his intent. His left hand slowly approached, looking like he was going to pick-pocket Grey.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:14 pm

Oblivion appeared in Grey's hand, and he held the tip up to the man's throat. "Try it and I gut." He said cheerfully, though his actions contrasted his tone.
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Kent was getting dizzy, and when he downed his fourth mug, he staggered back, and stabilized himself against a pillar supporting the roof, and make it back to the table before he made too big a fool of himself. The two simultaneously picked up their mugs and chugged the fifth round, and for some reason, the captain actually looked hammered. Nobody was expecting her to collapse to the floor, and Kent fell against the table to keep himself on his feet. Everyone was about to praise Kent, but as quick as she fell, the Captain jumped back up. "HAH! Thought you had me, didn't you!" The crowd shared a laugh, and Kent fell unconscious.

The man who attempted for Grey's money backed away without another word, quite afraid.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Grey pushed his way to the front of the crowd, offering Blake a salute. "Cap'n. I'll take care of him. Will you want to speak with him when he wakes?"
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:00 pm

"Yeah, keep tabs on him Grey. Take him to Chrysanthemum's place, she'll take good care of the two of you. I'll stop by tomorrow to check on his pending hangover."

Everyone laughed once again on that last comment, they all picked up Blake, hefting her on their shoulders, like she was some great champion. But looking at the group closely, you could see the differences. These people, her underlings, make her look like a pampered scholar for mayor over the slums.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Grey saluted her once more with a smile, helping him up and taking him out the back door, heading out the back alleys and towards the slums. He found his way to Chrys's place, knocking lightly on door. "Chrys, you in there? Got a guy who needs a place to crash, and the Cap'n says I have to too!"
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:15 pm

"Are either one of you drunk!?" She shouted from the inside to him. She hasn't had very good company with drunks.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:18 pm

"C'mon Chrys, it's me! I'd have never come here drunk! I have my own place. He, however, is passed out from a drinking contest with Blake. So, y'know, he'll probably have a hangover in the morning." He shrugged, knocking on the door again.
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:25 pm

A quite curvaceous woman with a gentle voice, amber hair, deep brown eyes, and perfect posture opened the door. "For you this one time shouldn't be too harmful... Come on in." She held the door open wide so he could properly carry Kent. "We should have enough room for him upstairs, not as many people are staying with me anymore... I'm not sure what repels them so..."
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:32 pm

Grey took a moment to set Kent down in the entryway and wrap Chrys in a big hug, lifting her up some. "I got no idea Chrys. You know if you want some company you can always hit me up!" He said the last bit somewhat flirtatious, moving to grab Kent again and carry him upstairs.
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:39 pm

Chrys blushed somewhat, and simply watched him, speechless. She had no idea how to react to Grey hitting on her like that.

Kent grumbled, and said incoherent things in his unconscious state, and started moving a bit amking it a little difficult to move him around.
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Grey shot a wink back at her, smiling and then continuing to the room Chrys had directed, setting him down none to gently in the bed and then turning back to him. "So how've you been Chrysy? It's been too long since I dropped by to visit!"
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:50 pm

"To put things shortly, better. I may have a lack of clientele, but that has actually done me wonders, because now I can focus on the few. It was much more derailed and hectic around here during the war, but I don't think you knew me that long ago, did you? It's not easy here, but I do what I can..." She walked into another room, speaking as she did do, and brought back some tea with her. "Would you like a cup? It's my specialty."
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Grey gave a nod, leaning against the a wall and smiling. "Of course, my lovely Chrys! Anything you make is sure to be wonderful." He kicked his feet on occasion, humming his old tune once more.
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:58 pm

"Okay, now your just trying too hard, Grey!" She poured some into cups for the both of them. "Tell me how do you know that gentleman in the foreign garb?"
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:00 am

"Tried to attack my, told me he was from Mydar, said he was going after the Butcher. That's about the extent of our interaction. Oh, and he also made me lose track of a bottle of excellent Kiran wine that the Captain gave me." Grey laughed, clearly high-spirited regardless.
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:08 am

"You're not planning on going with him, are you? I know that your capable of great feats Grey, but I'm not sure that you or him stand a chance to a man like that, he took out an entire city single-handedly, not that you don't already know that, but surely that makes you question the possibility right?"
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Grey shrugged, rubbing his eyes some. "The Ghosts of Mydar won't know rest until he's dead, Chrys. My family, countless others. Even the Captain. The Butcher needs to die."
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 7:19 pm

"I can see the reason, and I understand, I'm just worried for your safety. You know if they find out your true intent before you can land a blow on this guy, you'll still ignite a war, to say the least. The people in Euno are aching for a reason to start another crusade." She stretched and yawned, she looked tired just thinking about these ideas. "I'm going to head off to bed for the night. If your plans fall through, it might be a good idea for you to claim a bed too."
Back to top Go down
Xaldalneir
Admin
Xaldalneir

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Grey gave another nod before turning his eyes to Kent. His expression hardened, though he kept the hardness from all but his eyes, his mouth kept in a simple line. You would see us dive headfirst into Hell... He sighed through his nose, keeping his spot leaning against the wall until well into the morning.
Back to top Go down
Linxwire

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 7:34 pm

The door could be heard opening early that morning, as a bold and very familair figure walked into the room. Captain Blake Wright stood there, looking very concerned. It wasn't a very common sight to see her in such deep thought, only because they were in a time of peace, and things were somewhat easier.

Blake crouched down in front of Grey, seeing to him first because she didn't feel like talking to Kent alone, she thought he was unruly, and unreasonable. She wouldn't have been wrong. "Hey, Grey. You awake?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And a Bottle of Rum   And a Bottle of Rum - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And a Bottle of Rum
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keys of Change :: Archives :: Thread Archives :: Port Nowhere-
Jump to: